From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IBM License
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:57:18
1 Hi folks,
2
3 Over in #gentoo-dev we've been discussing the need for a new license
4 for OpenSMTPD (currently in my overlay [1]).
5
6 What do we call it, and should it be included, or is it already
7 covered by another license we have?
8
9 * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 by International Business Machines, Inc.
10 *
11 * International Business Machines, Inc. (hereinafter called IBM) grants
12 * permission under its copyrights to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
13 * Software with or without fee, provided that the above copyright
14 notice and
15 * all paragraphs of this notice appear in all copies, and that
16 the name of IBM
17 * not be used in connection with the marketing of any product incorporating
18 * the Software or modifications thereof, without specific, written prior
19 * permission.
20 *
21 * To the extent it has a right to do so, IBM grants an immunity from suit
22 * under its patents, if any, for the use, sale or manufacture of
23 products to
24 * the extent that such products are used for performing Domain Name System
25 * dynamic updates in TCP/IP networks by means of the Software.
26 No immunity is
27 * granted for any product per se or for any other function of any product.
28 *
29 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND IBM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES,
30 * INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
31 * PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IBM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,
32 * DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
33 WHATSOEVER ARISING
34 * OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
35 SOFTWARE, EVEN
36 * IF IBM IS APPRISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
39 Thanks,
40 Jason
43 [1] http://git.zx2c4.com/portage/tree/mail-mta/opensmtpd/opensmtpd-5.2.ebuild
46 Jason A. Donenfeld