From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] et_EE locale and language of error messages
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:39:10
1 On Wednesday 24 May 2006 07:42, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Please, make portage spit out the errors in English by *default* to not
3 > waste people's time. If someone insists on overriding it, then let them
4 > do it in make.conf
5
6 and where do you propose we document said override ? in the locale guide ?
7 then the only we've accomplished is making users set the samething in two
8 different places
9
10 or perhaps we obscure it in a manpage (or even better, dont document it at
11 all) ? then we field bugs/forums/mailing lists with confused users who cant
12 get portage output in their native language
13
14 just get Chris White to update his little bugzilla document with some steps on
15 how to get english output and we close bugs as NEEDINFO telling them to
16 review the document and open with the proper information
17 -mike