From: Jani Monoses <jani@××.ro>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] subversion ebuild
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:18:41
1 I'm replying to a digest mail so this won't be in the thread
2
3 Paul have you thought of building svn without apache support?
4 The latest version 0.22 due to be out in a couple of days will have
5 a config option for building without DAV and only with local and ra_svn
6 access.This would make it a lot simpler for people who only want to
7 manage their local repos or are fine with ra_svn and don't want the
8 overhead of apache configuration and the dependency on neon.
9 Maybe a new USE flag (apache) would be needed too?
10 This way it could be stable independent of apache.
11 A lot of people use svn with only ra_svn or local and are content with
12 it that way.
13 I am using it with bdb 4.0.14 already in portage so I second that
14 there's no need to build that too.
15 BTW APR is in portage (although only 0.9.2 and not 0.9.3 which is needed
16 by svn)
17 Anyway it's great that there's some activity with the svn
18 ebuild since it was over a year old now.
21 Jani.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list