From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PR Project Activity Issues
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 07:35:26
1 On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 01:55 Tue 27 Jan , Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> Getting Index2 live is I think a different operational issue (that
4 >> changes to the website are very slow) and really has nothing to do
5 >> with PR aside from them not nagging someone to commit it ;)
6 >
7 > In this case, Xavier had it ready in early January, and I was blocking
8 > on it for the last 2 weeks to write up an announcement.
9 >
10 >> PR@ is a nghtmare of spam and what I'll term 'crap.' having real
11 >> things marked as such with informative subjects would be useful.
12 >> having some kind of rotation would be useful having some kind of vague
13 >> 'we will read and respond within 3 days unless its a holiday' would be
14 >> useful.
15 >>
16 >> Right now the expectations of pr@ are non-existent and apparently
17 >> think the mail is read and answered quickly. In reality only Donnie
18 >> reads it and replies; he has a busy as hell personal life and I'm
19 >> surprised he manages to read it at all.
20 >>
21 >> So I would like to set expectations ;)
22 >
23 > Yes, it would be a good idea to put expectations wherever people find
24 > our contact info. Here's roughly what they are:
25 >
26 > 1. If it is a prewritten news item that needs editing, it will get a quick
27 > response.
28 >
29 > 2. If it is news that is not accompanied by a draft of some sort, no
30 > estimated response time. This point is where I think we have the biggest
31 > opportunity for improvement.
32 >
33 > 3. If it is an additional vendor listing for CDs, no estimated response
34 > time. These generally get batched and done at extended intervals.
35 >
36 > 4. If it is a user support request, no estimated response time.
37 > Occasionally someone will respond to say that we don't do support at pr@
38 > and point at appropriate places like forums, lists, IRC.
39
40 I'll try and transcribe these somewhere; email is not a good place for them.
41
42 -Alec
45 > --
46 > Thanks,