From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:47:04
1 On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Homer Parker <hparker@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 >        In the beginning there was a method...
4 >
5 >        And now it needs revamped.. I see no problem with re-investigating the
6 > problem to make it better/easier/whatever.
9 ++
10
11 I for one am happy to have had a working amd64 system for the last
12 decade, even if it might have been somewhat better if I had been stuck
13 on 32-bit while the perfect system was devised.
14
15 Gentoo doesn't need thrown-together hacks, but half-decent solutions
16 that work shouldn't be held up in favor of ideal solutions that don't
17 exist. There is always room for evolution.
18
19 That said, as far as EAPIs go I'm in favor of shipping whatever is
20 ready to ship.
21
22 Rich