From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: virtual/perl-Filter
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 00:58:06
1 On 8 July 2014 06:59, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > # Filter never was part of core Perl, no idea why we have a virtual.
4 > # It was moved from perl-core to dev-perl and the virtual will be
5 > # removed. Please depend on dev-perl/Filter directly.
6 > virtual/perl-Filter
9 https://metacpan.org/release/Filter
10
11 *Filter::Util::Call <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::Util::Call>* - Perl
12 Source Filter Utility Module <--- only module part of this dist shipped
13 with perl
14 *Filter::Util::Exec <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::Util::Exec>* - exec
15 source filter
16 *Filter::cpp <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::cpp>* - cpp source filter
17 *Filter::decrypt <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::decrypt>* - template
18 for a decrypt source filter
19 *Filter::exec <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::exec>* - exec source
20 filter
21 *Filter::sh <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::sh>* - sh source filter
22 *Filter::tee <https://metacpan.org/pod/Filter::tee>* - tee source filter
23
24 corelist -a Filter::Util::Call | grep -E 'released|5.(16|18|20)'
25
26 Filter::Util::Call was first released with perl v5.7.3
27 v5.16.0 1.40
28 v5.16.1 1.40
29 v5.16.2 1.40
30 v5.16.3 1.40
31 v5.18.0 1.45
32 v5.18.1 1.45
33 v5.18.2 1.45
34 v5.20.0 1.49
37 This is an unfortunately messy edge case that exposes the "cpan
38 distribution" <=> "perl module" disconnect we have to deal a lot with.
39
40 This is annoying, because anything that uses *other* than
41 filter::util::call *must* install the CPAN version. But anything that uses
42 Filter::Util::Call on its own can do so from Perl itself.
43
44 Its also annoying because the "cpan distribution" that ships that module is
45 called "Filter" on CPAN, but "Filter-Util-Call" in perl/cpan/*
48 Kent
49
50 *KENTNL* - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL