From: Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] -fbranch-probabilities optimisation
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:43:49
1 * Sven Vermeulen (swift@g.o) wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 05:47:02PM +0100, Chris Davies wrote:
3 > > The current release of gcc doesn't contain threadsafe profiling, and
4 > > indeed may never do. The cfg branch, where this work is being carried out
5 > > reports that merging threadsafe profiling with main is problematic, and the
6 > > code may be dropped.
7 >
8 > Concerning safe compilations, does the -fbranch-probabilities break 3rd party
9 > GCC patches, such as propolice and such?
10 >
11 > Wkr,
12 > Sven Vermeulen
13
14 It should not do. I'll test this, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
15
16 Thanks,
17 C.Davies
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list