From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 05:19:31
1 On 3/14/12 4:37 PM, Greg KH wrote:
2 > Not really, I don't think we support systems without udev anymore,
3 > right? And we get away with a lot of these different "options" at
4 > compile time, which makes it easier than what Debian has to handle, so
5 > perhaps it's not a fair comparison.
6
7 I think we support systems with launchd and devd quite well and we'd
8 love to support even some more.
9
10 > Sure, but that doesn't mean that the packages that are being merged will
11 > actually work :)
12
13 Only if upstream really wants to break them... And that is the perceived
14 situation, exacerbated by the past experience with a certain audio
15 daemon trying to do too much at the same time.
16
17 lu