From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Subversion ebuild
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:27:09
On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 08:00, Mark Gordon wrote:
> Why does it install BerkleyDB 4 rather that depending on it? > > I already have version 4 installed using the ebuild for it since I am > doing some development work against it (why work do a new project > against an earlier version?) so having it as part of subversion as well > seems wrong.
The problem is that db4 is still masked in portage because some packages won't build against it. There's a goal of getting all packages in Portage db4-ready, and we're nearly at the point where people building a brand-new system can build a db4-only system w/o any real problems. Then we have to come up with a good way to handle the people who will be upgrading w/o breaking their systems. We probably need somebody dedicated to working on just db4-related issues right now, but we don't have the resources at the moment. Best, g2boojum -- Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>