From: david@×××××××××.com
To: Vano D <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Embedded
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:45:21
1 On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 08:06:56PM +0100, Vano D wrote:
2 > But do you start from a stagex install on the destination root (which I
3 > doubt)? or do you manually create a minimal root system? or is it that
4 > you just emerge baselayout and what is needed into the root and let
5 > portage create the whole thing for you? (I am speaking of /etc /bin /usr
6 > /dev etc. here.)
9 nope, no stage installs. I've experimented a bit, but baselayout is
10 even a bit too heavy for my uses(in addition it requires gawk).
11
12 how a small image works for me is:
13
14 sys-kernel/linux-headers
15 =glibc-2.2.5-r8
16 =busybox-0.60.5-r1
17 sys-apps/tinylogin
18
19 then I unmerge linux-headers after glibc is built. I should note that
20 I primarily do cross compiling, so recreating things like glibc
21 everytime is a necessity for me.
22 Those ebuilds are also hacked to do exactly what I need(ex: busybox
23 actually creates all the busybox links, unlike the stock gentoo one)
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list