From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 1.4
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:12:35
1 Well, the 1.4 *profile* is already official.
2 The _rc1 label concerns the install CD and some other supporting stuff. The
3 final system will be the same in either case (and is changing day-to-day), as
4 you do emerge rsync the first thing through your installation. So you can try
5 using the 1.4_rc1 *install* CD without waiting for the release version.
6 Chances that it will work for you are quite high, if not, you can wait for a
7 release version (and if you are going to bootstrap from existing distro or
8 use any other alt-install method, this does not matter anyway).
9
10 George