From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 10:04:10
1 On Aug 3, 2013 10:06 AM, "Donnie Berkholz" <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 15:36 Fri 02 Aug , William Hubbs wrote:
4 > > All,
5 > >
6 > > This message is an announcement and a reminder.
7 > >
8 > > OpenRc-0.12 will be introduced to the portage tree in the next few days.
9 > >
10 > > If you are using ~arch OpenRc, the standard disclaimer applies: remember
11 > > that you might be subject to breakage.
12 > >
13 > > I do not know of any breakage personally. It does work on my system, and
14 > > I know of others who are using OpenRc from git successfully. Some are
15 > > OpenRc team members, and at least one is a Gentoo user.
16 > >
17 > > If you are not comfortable with the possibility of breakage, I recommend
18 > > that you make sure you do not upgrade right away.
19 > >
20 > > If, on the other hand, you are comfortable with that possibility and you
21 > > are willing to help us test and get rid of bugs before we go stable,
22 > > feel free to run ~arch.
23 > >
24 > > In other words, this is the standard Gentoo disclaimer, so consider
25 > > yourself warned.
26 >
27 > Man, in terms of how to phrase things, this is way wrong.
28 >
29 > If you're comfortable with your stuff breaking really? No. If you want
30 > to help improve Gentoo.
31 >
32 > --
33 > Thanks,
34 > Donnie
35 >
36 > Donnie Berkholz
37 > Council Member / Sr. Developer, Gentoo Linux <http://dberkholz.com>
38 > Analyst, RedMonk <http://redmonk.com/dberkholz/>
39
40 I am not comfortable with this either. If you think the new openrc will
41 likely break things please mask it for a few days. Do not expect all users
42 to read the mailing list.