From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] deprecating /etc/make.profile
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:24:23
1 On 1/11/07, Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Or we/gentoo could just support it and stop breaking the end user.
6 uh, the point was, what will happen to all those apps for users who
7 switched to the -new- standard by using make.conf, who will therefore
8 have no make.profile dir, so programs looking for that dir will fail.
9 We have to provide some sort of compatibilty for people who use the
10 new standard, or you will be seeing dozens of bug reports on all the
11 numerous portage based programs which are still dependant on the old
12 standard.
13
14 I guess of course you could do a bulk hard masking of portage
15 utilizing this feature untill all programs depending on this feature
16 are fixed, but that would be not very nice to maintain I believe.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list