From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patch applying function for EAPI 6
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:53:01
1 Dnia 2013-08-18, o godz. 18:39:56
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > 2. Should the function do automatic -p* detection, or should it
5 > default to -p1? Both would be overridable by an explicit -p*
6 > option. There are good arguments for either variant (see the
7 > above-mentioned bug).
8
9 I'm all for -p1. Instead of auto-detecting stuff on user's side, we
10 should provide developers with a simple tool that would automatically
11 'fix' patches. Possibly something closely integrated to ebuild.sh.
12
13 > 3. So far, we don't have a good name for the function.
14
15 dopatch.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny