From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: lince and slmodem
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 07:40:48
1 On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 21:05:39 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > On 02/01/2011 07:33 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
4 > >> You can't really expect me to take responsibility for a commit I can't
5 > >> test.
6 > >
7 > > And I don't.
8 > >
9 > > Maybe you did this already, but it seems like the amount of time spent
10 > > masking a package could have been spent poking whoever is supposed to
11 > > be maintaining it (Alin Năstac<mrness@g.o>
12 > > ). Admittedly, the last changes to the ebuild came 18 months ago...
13 >
14 > Cmon Matt, a bug open for over 1 year with 12 comments is not enough
15 > poking for you? Alin is not _overly_ active with Gentoo[1][2] but he is
16 > active enough that he should have seen the bug reports, but apparently
17 > doesn't care. Now, at least 3 users care, so if someone could test
18 > it..that would be nice for their sake.
19
20 what Alin chooses to do with his time is his business. unless you're stepping
21 up to fix the bugs in question and no one else does, the package can simply go
22 the lastrites way like any other dead package.
23 -mike