From: James Vandenberg <james@××××××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild for Emacs LEIM
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 02:55:06
1 Hi,
2
3 This is what Ryan Shaw at Wed, May 15, 2002 at 04:21:54PM +0900 wrote:
4 > I am planning on doing an ebuild for the Libraries of
5 > Emacs Input Methods, or LEIM. The way these are usually
6 > built from source is:
7 >
8 > 1) the emacs src tarball is downloaded and extracted,
9 > 2) the matching (same version) leim tarbell is downloaded
10 > and extracted into the same dir (creating a new src subdir),
11 > 3) emacs is built and installed as normal.
12 >
13 > It would be nice if the leim ebuild could be written in
14 > such a way as to depend on the emacs ebuild, in which
15 > case all the leim ebuild would need to specify is where
16 > to get the leim src tarball. Everything else is already
17 > done in the emacs ebuild.
18 >
19 > My question: is there a way to do this? Or does there
20 > need to be a new emacs-leim ebuild that conflicts with,
21 > and mostly replicates, the emacs ebuild?
22
23 I have a similar problem with the maxima build I am trying to create. It
24 requires the location that GCL stores it's .o files. However it looks like gcl
25 has to be compiled and installed in a special way to do this.
26
27 I'd be interested in how to solve this as well.
28
29 James,
30 --
31 James Vandenberg Email: james at vandenberg.dropbear.id.au
32 GPG FP= 65AB 179A D884 EDC6 216D FE6A 6833 02BC 4425 4F70
33 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. ICQ: 151135390