From: Caleb Shay <caleb@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] submiting ebuilds
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 03:44:35
1 Amen to that one. I know that we just had a big discussion about this a
2 little while ago, and a package maintainer system is possibly in the
3 works, but it does get on your nerves after a while.
4
5 Case in point: I've been keeping the ebuilds of xmame and xmess updated
6 for several months now. However, it's been months since the updated
7 ebuilds have actually been merged into portage. Oh, and to top it off,
8 it appears that recently somebody version bumped it without referring to
9 my updated ebuild. Not a good thing, since things have changed in the
10 build process again. Well, I'm off to file another bug report.
11
12 Caleb
13