From: Caleb Shay <caleb@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] submiting ebuilds
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 03:44:35
Amen to that one.  I know that we just had a big discussion about this a
little while ago, and a package maintainer system is possibly in the
works, but it does get on your nerves after a while.

Case in point:  I've been keeping the ebuilds of xmame and xmess updated
for several months now.  However, it's been months since the updated
ebuilds have actually been merged into portage.  Oh, and to top it off,
it appears that recently somebody version bumped it without referring to
my updated ebuild.  Not a good thing, since things have changed in the
build process again.  Well, I'm off to file another bug report.

Caleb

-- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list