From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@××××××××.com>
To: Brad Laue <brad@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mozilla-1.41-r3 -- so, problems, but WHY remove the ebuild???
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:11:06
1 On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Brad Laue wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 11:13, Ferris McCormick wrote:
4 > > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > >
7 > > > Hash: SHA1
8 > > >
9 > You could consider testing and reporting on a newer Mozilla ebuild. I'm
10 > not trying to persecute non-x86 architectures, just clean up the pile of
11 > ebuilds.
12 >
13 Understood completely.
14 I started building 1.4.1 a while ago on my U60, and will repoort back on
15 it for you. If it seems to work, I can do the same for you on that
16 particular system for 1.5-r1 if you like.
17
18 You should be aware, though, that right now really I am mostly playing
19 with mozilla-firebird on my primary system (a U2), because there was
20 a request for feedback for that variant of mozilla on sparc.
21
22 So, I can tell you if it builds and seems to run for me, but not too
23 much more. (And not instantly. It takes forever and a day to build
24 on one of these, even with "-j3")
25
26 > Mozilla is a major project, I had hoped arch maintainers would be more
27 > responsive to new releases than they have been.
28 >
29 > I've replaced 1.4-r3 for now as most of the alternative architectures
30 > have it marked stable, but would like to see 1.5-r1 become the new
31 > stable mozilla version on all architectures.
32 >
33 Thanks; with luck, this exercise will help get you where you wanted
34 to be in the first place. My biggest concern all along went like this:
35 [UD]... >> Whoa! What's that about?
36 (look at ChangeLog) >> No, nothing there
37 (look at directory) >> No, no ebuild for what was stable yesterday,
38 either
39 (grumble) >> Let's send off some hate mail & see what this
40 >> is all about
41
42 As stated above, I've started a build cycle; albeit, on
43 a system that does not get much browser exercise. Me, I'm not
44 married to 1.4-r3.
45
46 > Brad
51 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@××××××××.com>