From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] VIMRUNTIME
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:03:10
Aron Griffis wrote:[Fri Apr 25 2003, 12:41:32AM EDT]
> However when you update to the new version, you'll probably notice > that running "vim" (or any of the variants) gives you some warnings, > along with syntax highlighting not working, etc. This is because you > still have VIMRUNTIME in your environment. It won't disappear until > you logout and back in. I'm sorry, but there's no real way to climb > up the process tree and remove VIMRUNTIME from the environment of > each process... :-/
Of course you can "unset VIMRUNTIME" in any given shell.
> 4. This version introduces motif support, so now gvim can produce > an athena, gtk, gtk2, gnome, or motif binary depending on your USE > flags.
These are prioritized, so here are the combinations you would need: gtk2: USE="gtk2" emerge gvim gnome: USE="-gtk2 gnome" emerge gvim gtk: USE="-gtk2 -gnome gtk" emerge gvim motif: USE="-gtk2 -gnome -gtk motif" emerge gvim athena: USE="-gtk2 -gnome -gtk -motif X" emerge gvim Aron -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list