From: Michael Hammer <mueli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:16:22
1 * Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> [080912 17:38]:
2 > How much research did you do before sending your email?
3
4 Obviously not enough. (sry for that)
5
6 > Did you read "EAPI and PMS for people who haven't been paying attention"?
7
8 No I didn't until now and thx for the hint.
9
10 But for me it's still questionable why we don't have a gentoo project
11 for this important task? (a git summary page is not a project page
12 IMHO). If someone wants to drop in into the task it's not easy as
13 information is scattered (IMHO). What are GLEPs for if not for gentoo
14 enhancements like a PMS draft and the fixation of location, type,
15 maintainer, modification interface of that document? I even would go
16 further and would say there should be a procedure for maintaining and
17 approval of the document and changes on them. (a bit more formal then
18 a mail with "could the council please discuss 'it'" somewhere in the
19 depth of a discussion thread)
20
21 cite form the mail:
22
23 "So far as I'm aware, everyone who's currently working on PMS is
24 working off this repository:"
25
26 That's not a formulation I would choose for an approved repository
27 location or am I missing a council decission?
28
29 Once again sry for the inconvenience caused, greets
30
31 mueli
36 Michael Hammer | <mueli@g.o> | Graz, AT
37 Gentoo Developer (Kerberos) | http://www.michael-hammer.at