From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gnome2, I know yadda yadda.
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:34:04
1 okies, a new batch of gnome2 packages are in portage, lots of them with
2 silly numbers ending in .0.0 .. like 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 and a few 99.0
3 too..
4
5 its not all the latest and greatest and not official yet, package
6 testing is still going on at Gnome2 side of things (upstream) and I've
7 been unable to package stuff like Nautilus and eel due to some
8 unreleased dependencies.
9
10 I'v got the updated builds locally, but there are no verification done
11 yet.
12
13 now, the final release is the 21st, and before that I think we need some
14 more testing :)
15
16 formal stuff to check:
17
18 documentation (are all in?)
19 configure : do we have any new options? unsupported USE flags?
20 schemas : Are all schemas installed?
21
22 Now, we also need to check another thing....
23
24 CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf" needs to be exported by default. How?
27 //Spider
28 -- Gnome2 in D minus....
32 begin .signature
33 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
35 end