From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:02:48
1 Jeroen,
4 On 06/16/10 21:31, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
5 > 1) that there are probably some good examples of the bad tone that sping
6 > referred to, perhaps in the devrel/userrel domain and therefore not
7 > initially public, and that unless those projects fail (to uphold the
8 > CoC), we should probably not be talking about it on a public mailing
9 > list.
10
11 from demanding a friendly tone on other mailing lists myself and the
12 private "thank you, I was afraid this was accepted around here" replies
13 after I prefer to keep tone discussions in the open as far as possible.
14 Our user base wouldn't know we care about tone if we discussed it in
15 private.
16
17 On the conflict resolution I would go as far as stating that DevRel
18 currently fails at that. I'll start a new thread on that.
21 > 2) that "tone" is unavoidably a subjective matter, which is precisely
22 > the reason that some in our community choose consciously to be concise,
23 > informative and dispassionate, while you might infer that this results
24 > in curt, graceless and unaffectionate communication, or "bad tone" in
25 > short.
26
27 I agree that's though to do well.
28