From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-sources-2.4 needs a maintainer (a real one)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:54:44
1 Hi,
2
3 A few weeks ago I posted that gentoo-sources-2.4 needs a maintainer.
4 antarus stepped up but realised his fatal mistake and has now fled from
5 the scene.
6
7 If anyone is interested please step up, otherwise this will go through
8 the usual mask/removal process. Recruiting a non-developer to take this
9 is an option, provided the usual requirements are met.
10
11 Maintaining a kernel is a big job, plus maintaining a 'dead' kernel tree
12 like 2.4 is even worse and is not really that interesting. A maintainer
13 needs to have interest and energy (which probably indicates a genuine
14 requirement to run 2.4), I'm not interested in seeing this
15 maintained-but-neglected.
16
17 Please mention this in the next GWN.
18