From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new developer: swegener
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:25:05
1 Please welcome Sven Wegener to the Gentoo development team! Sven has
2 been a very active contributor to bugs.gentoo.org, providing bug
3 reports, confirmation of existing reports, and a ton of solutions. He
4 has contributed to baselayout (which is how I noticed him), irc- and
5 nntp-related bugs, and probably lots of other things.
6
7 Since starting as a developer less than 4 days ago, swegener has
8 already made his mark on the tree with 61 commits in net-irc and
9 net-news, plus he has created the net-news herd to handle the packages
10 in that category.
11
12 Ok, now for the personal bits. Here's what Sven tells us in his
13 developer quiz:
14
15 I was born in Hannover, Germany and I live near Hameln. The story
16 of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" should almost everyone know ;)
17 Currently I'm doing my exam at the university of cooperative
18 education weserbergland (www.baw-hameln.de) in the field
19 information management and will hopefully finish it with "Bachelor
20 of Science". I'm working with Haworth (www.haworth.de) for the
21 practical part of the cooperative education.
22
23 In my spare time I love to go bowling and listen to music. Primary
24 I listen to 80's music (www.club977.com is my favourite) but also
25 the new charts, depends primary on the mood in which I am. Also
26 love to go to the cinema.
27
28 I came in contact with Linux 4.5 years ago, starting with SuSE and
29 kernel 2.2.13. Used it for several years until I found Gentoo in
30 summer 2002. Since 3 months I'm using Linux as my primary OS, no
31 windows :) I've got 5 systems under my wings, 4 running Gentoo and
32 1 still running SuSE (haven't found time to reinstall with
33 Gentoo). One of those systems serves as rsync7.de.g.o
34
35 I'm using Gnome as my desktop environment. But do a lot work on
36 console.
37
38 Welcome aboard, Sven! :-)
39