From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] postfix is a party-pooper
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:59:20
Ummmm....

About 4 hours ago, the mailer on this system (postfix) died.  Postfix has been
having major file locking problems that I don't have time to resolve (possibly
due to it using a different file locking mechanism than Berkeley DB, which it
uses).  The problem got really bad this morning when postfix died and refused
to start up again.

I think I've fixed everything.  We're now using the "exim" mailer (seems to
be working well).  We're upgraded to kernel 2.4.0-ac11 (nice stuff), and the
mailing lists should all be working.  And I'll be able to add a few more new
mailing lists since "newaliases" works now.  Whee. :)

Thanks to Jerry for the exim mailer package.  I would have been (really) dead
without it :)

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@g.o>