From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] postfix is a party-pooper
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:59:20
1 Ummmm....
2
3 About 4 hours ago, the mailer on this system (postfix) died. Postfix has been
4 having major file locking problems that I don't have time to resolve (possibly
5 due to it using a different file locking mechanism than Berkeley DB, which it
6 uses). The problem got really bad this morning when postfix died and refused
7 to start up again.
8
9 I think I've fixed everything. We're now using the "exim" mailer (seems to
10 be working well). We're upgraded to kernel 2.4.0-ac11 (nice stuff), and the
11 mailing lists should all be working. And I'll be able to add a few more new
12 mailing lists since "newaliases" works now. Whee. :)
13
14 Thanks to Jerry for the exim mailer package. I would have been (really) dead
15 without it :)
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>