From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:53:46
1 On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 08:17:18PM +0500, Anatoly Shipitsin wrote:
2 > >
3 > >Talking specifically about sudo, I think you're making a big deal out of
4 > >a very minor thing, primarily because I cannot think of a sane example
5 > >of when $EDITOR and $VISUAL are not set and visudo (which requires an
6 > >interactive editor) would be invoked.
9 > It's problem exist for any package use configure for set default editor.
10 > If i'm not use nano (see sudo ebuild) and not set EDITOR i'm got bug.
11
12 "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"
13
14 > >I dont have much of an opinion on these things, although I think
15 > >expecting /bin/vi to be an screen oriented interactive editor (not
16 > >nescessarily vi) should be a sane assumption, and if it isnt, that is
17 > >the real bug.
18 >
19 > Okey. Then remove DEPEND virtual/editor from sudo and other package with
20 > hardcoded default editor.
21
22 It isnt hardcoded, it's configurable.
23
24 > Set instead right editor. For example nano or vi. Or set USE flag for
25 > switch.
26
27 No, you set the correct editor, I dont know which one you use.
28
29 Thanks, Tavis.
33 taviso@××××××××××××.org | finger me for my pgp key.