From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /usr vs. initramfs redux
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:50:32
On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 12:46:04AM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> The minimal initramfs would do the following. > > 1. Mount devtmpfs/sysfs/procfs as needed to access devices. > 2. Mount real_root to /newroot > 3. Read /newroot/etc/initramfs.mount and /newroot/etc/fstab > 4.1. If /newroot/etc/initramfs.mount does not exist > Assume it contains only: /usr /var > 5. Mount the combined items from said files
Should these be mounted rread-only or just mounted? Also, will fsck still work if they are mounted? I am concerned about /var being included in this because of the potential of filling up the root partition. Upstream is only talking about /usr as stated earlier in this thread, so how are we getting /var involved? William