From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making built_with_use die by default with EAPI 2
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:09:28
1 On Tuesday 23 September 2008 22:44:35 Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > > > False. If for instance coolfeature was made optional in >=pv you
3 > > > can use logic like:
4 > > >
5 > > > if has_version '>=cat/foo-pv' && ! has_version
6 > > > 'cat/foo[coolfeature]'; then ewarn '...'
7 > > > fi
8 > >
9 > > I think this should cover all the current functionality with
10 > > built_with_use.
11 >
12 > This is just an ugly hack. Think about a package that has coolfeature
13 > useflag removed and enabled by default for a couple of releases because
14 > it wouldn't build without it and once upstream sorted out everything
15 > the useflag is coming back. Missing useflags that are assumed to be
16 > enabled have nothing to do with the package version being greater than
17 > a given number.
18
19 If it is needed that often we should add support for stating the state of the
20 use flag in dependencies. With the currently planned eapi 2 you get
21 dependencies such as:
22
23 DEPEND="|| ( >=cat/foo-pv[coolfeature] <cat-foo-pv )"
24
25 too. Doing the same with has_version is only consistent with that. If we add
26 support for it in dependency syntax it will work with has_version too...
29 Bo Andresen