From: Martin Espinoza <drinkypoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USB Keyboard
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:20:31
1 I have a machine whose keyboard bus is dead and I must use a USB keyboard.
2 Attempting to install gentoo linux from BIOS does not work. This is an Abit
3 BP6 carrying a celeron 366, and using SCSI disk and cdrom.
4
5 If I use BIOS mode USB keyboard support, then I can hit enter when lilo
6 loads, but I can't install - By the time I get into linux, BIOS has been
7 brushed aside, and my keyboard no longer works. If I use OS-mode keyboard
8 support, then I cannot hit enter when lilo loads.
9
10 The last kernel message is an error.
11
12 usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x0603/0x1007) is not claimed by any active
13 driver.
14
15 This makes it effectively impossible for me to install gentoo linux. I'm
16 using 1.0rc6r14.
17