From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] New keywords for non-Gentoo Linux platforms
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:40:45
1 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:
2
3 > - x64 is what the vendors (Apple, Sun) advertise themselves
4
5 Err I'm sure I haven't seen any x64 in the documentation or
6 advertisement of my MacBook Pro, are you sure _Apple_ uses that totally
7 bogus name?
8
9 Anyway, em64t might be better, but then again you're to the same point:
10 an Opteron using an Intel name? I think amd64 is totally fine since it's
11 the first commercial name it got by uh, those who introduced it, I
12 guess, but the only thing I don't ever want to see officially is
13 endorsing the x64 commercial speak.
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
17 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/