From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new bugzilla resolution: NEEDPATCH
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 00:36:59
1 I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows a number of (enhancement) bugs
2 that are fixable, but the assignee doesn't have the motivation to come
3 up with a solution, but would look at and eventually include a
4 user-submitted patch for it. Currently those would either be left open
5 forever or closed as WONTFIX which isn't compeltely accurate. Therefore
6 I propose a new bugzilla resolution NEEDPATCH so we're not stuck with
7 tons of open bugs that might never be closed (or get closed with a
8 somewhat incorrect resolution). It might also give people who want to
9 help a simpler target instead of browsing through all open bugs and
10 trying to find one where a user can work on.
11
12 Opinions?
13
14 Marius
19 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
20 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.