From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new `usex` helper
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 03:01:16
On 17:29 Wed 14 Sep     , Brian Harring wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 02:16:41PM -0500, Donnie Berkholz wrote: > > On 19:14 Tue 13 Sep , Brian Harring wrote: > > > On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 09:02:28PM -0500, Donnie Berkholz wrote: > > > > On 17:56 Tue 13 Sep , Mike Frysinger wrote: > > > > > useful enough for EAPI ? or should i just stick it into eutils.eclass > > > > > ? OR BOTH !? > > > > > > > > I prefer to avoid EAPI whenever possible, as it just makes things slower > > > > and more complex. > > > > > > Exactly the wrong approach; it winds up with master > > > repositories/overlays cloning the functionality all over the damn > > > place. > > > > Why are people cloning anything if it's in eutils.eclass in gentoo-x86? > > There are more repositories than just gentoo-x86, and overlay is *not* > the only configuration in use.
Who else besides you is using any other configuration? Should we really give a crap about the 0.001% population with some weird setup when we're trying to improve things for the 99.999% one?
I don't know many people who aren't using gentoo-x86 or a repo that pulls in changes directly from it. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Council Member / Sr. Developer Gentoo Linux Blog: http://dberkholz.com