From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] a new TLP to "unify" programming langiages?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:33:46
1 On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 17:24 +0200, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Hi gang.
3 >
4 > As I looked for a place where to put some documentation naturally falling in
5 > a "project domain" for Ada, I realized that we have TLPs for many individual
6 > (programming) languages. First I though to ping some people on irc, but, as I
7 > went down the page the noticed number became nontrivial, so I decided to
8 > throw an email here instead.
9 >
10 > Basically the idea is that a TLP for an individual language is way too much -
11 > most of them do not have subprojects anyway. Therefore lets try to organize
12 > it a bit better? At least documentation-wise. We will have to see whether
13 > there will be any additional correllation further on (and indeed there might
14 > be, for example for the different gcc-backends), but even if not I think it
15 > is better to keep the main projects page more structured.
16 >
17 > What I propose is to create a TLP page for "Gentoo Programming Resources" (or
18 > pick your name) and move all the individual languages into the subdirs of it.
19 > Any opinions? If I get any "yay's" or no "nays" I'll create a bug about it
20 > and then we can finalize the layout there..
21 > (I just like to keep the trace of what is being done and the related
22 > discussions).
23
24 I'd certainly say 'yay' for the Haskell team. We'd be quite happy to be
25 a sub-project of some prog lang TLP.
28 Duncan Coutts : Gentoo Developer (Haskell team lead)
29 email : dcoutts at gentoo dot org
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list