From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE & Portages
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:54:01
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 09:03:53PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
: "Jerry A!" wrote:
:
: > On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 08:37:06PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
: > : > "Jerry A!" wrote:
: > : > If this isn't possible, then I suggest adding options like: mta-tls,
: > : > mta-mysql, mta-ldap, etc... to /etc/make.defaults and /etc/make.conf.
: > :
: > : I think that is a good idea, but don't use only mysql or ldap because I'm
: > : planning to use that for stuff like gnome-db, php
: >
: > Don't worry Achim, I'll use mta-mysql, mta-ldap, etc...  Hmm, it's like
: > deja vu?  8)
: >
:
:
: Did I miss something?

Yeah, look at the part of my message your originally responded to (it's
included above).  8)

: Another thing. There are two openldap packages in the tree right now. As 2.0
: came out most
: apps did not support it. This might have changed and I will test 2.0 this week
: for a few packages.
: Maybe you can try to build the mta's with openldap-2.0.

I'll take a look at it.  But honestly, I'll probably just commit the the
base versions first and then start adding more later.  My fear is that
they'll compile, but I don't have any accurate way of testing them.

: Should I make the required changes to your dev-ruby packages?

Please do.  Thanks...

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@××××××.com           ||  ...It's much more important