From: Max Kalika <max@g.o>
To: stuart@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Poll: Where should web applications be installed?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:29:05
1 Quoting Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>:
2
3 > Where do you think web applications should be installed?
4 >
5 > 3) a/n/other/?
6
7 Personally, I like /usr/share/webapps. One question though. Why do all
8 ebuilds currently insist on making files owned by the web user (apache)?
9 Seems very wrong to me as the apache user is able to write to the
10 applications. It seems just like giving ownership to a regular user
11 account for other applications.
12
13 > While I'm at it, I'm proposing that we create a new set of 'web-XXX'
14 > groups for holding web applications. For example, wiki engines would go
15 > under 'web-wiki', bulletin boards under 'web-forums', and so on. This'd
16 > make it much easier for users to find these packages.
17
18 I like it!
19
20 ---max kalika