From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 20:39:24
1 On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:23:49 +0100
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Now we're re-joining policy and practice.
5
6 By forcing use of dev.gentoo.org for self-hosted SRC_URI files?
7
8 > > What legitimate use does mirror://gentoo retain when we do have a
9 > > solution? Ultimate patch attached.
10
11 > Yes and? We're going to have a distinct mirror://gentoo-projects/
12 > (just to be on the safe side for overlays mainly) to fetch the
13 > distfiles for the custom packages.
14
15 By forcing use of mirror://gentoo-projects for self-hosted SRC_URI
16 files?
17
18 I'm lost now. Do you/infra/$GENTOO_DEITY plan to first force everyone to
19 use dev.g.o and then move to mirror://gentoo-projects soon after?
20
21 Why don't we just change the meaning of mirror://gentoo and be done
22 with it, without the interim being extended? We could even have the
23 mirror sync scripts interpret mirror://gentoo in a new way. All we then
24 need to do on the QA side is to somehow enforce the way mirror://gentoo
25 is used. :)
28 jer