From: "Jory A. Pratt" <anarchy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:24:55
1 On 07/23/2012 07:07 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > I propose to commit this news item in 2 or 3 days. Does anyone have
5 > any comments about it?
6 > The idea is to show this news item on all Gentoo systems. Is that even
7 > possible / desirable?
8 > I've talked with both the PR and Docs team before about this change.
9 > I'll try to help the docs team updating the handbook.
12 > Title: Changes on new stages
13 > Author: Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
14 > Content-Type: text/plain
15 > Posted: 2012-07-27
16 > Revision: 1
17 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
18 >
19 > Starting with catalyst 2.0.10, make.conf and make.profile will be
20 > moved from /etc to /etc/postfix. Releng build boxes will be updated to
21 Why are we wanting to use a known packages config location? I am
22 refering to mail-mta/postfix of course.
23 > this catalyst version during the next few days. So I expect stages
24 > built after July 30th to have make.conf and make.profile on /etc/portage.
25 >
26 Jory