From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Splitting desktop profile to KDE and GNOME
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:06:52
1 Le 24/10/2009 15:42, Maciej Mrozowski a écrit :
2 > If you have any comments, suggestions, important notices regarding this
3 > change, please keep discussion in gentoo-desktop mailing list.
4
5 IMHO, we shouldn't even have desktop/server subprofiles to begin with.
6
7 I've always considered Gentoo to be an "opt-in" distro where after a
8 successful install, you end up with a bash prompt and a _means_ of
9 installing new packages.
10
11 Finding out what USE flags mean and do is part of the Gentoo experience.
12 If we were doing spin-off distros like Ubuntu and Fedora do, then
13 subprofiles would be fine, but we're not.
14
15 So with my X hat on, I won't be adding any "X" subprofile.
16
17 And with my (former?) Gnome hat on, I vote against any "gnome" subprofile.
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Rémi