From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Splitting desktop profile to KDE and GNOME
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:06:52
Le 24/10/2009 15:42, Maciej Mrozowski a écrit :
> If you have any comments, suggestions, important notices regarding this > change, please keep discussion in gentoo-desktop mailing list.
IMHO, we shouldn't even have desktop/server subprofiles to begin with. I've always considered Gentoo to be an "opt-in" distro where after a successful install, you end up with a bash prompt and a _means_ of installing new packages. Finding out what USE flags mean and do is part of the Gentoo experience. If we were doing spin-off distros like Ubuntu and Fedora do, then subprofiles would be fine, but we're not. So with my X hat on, I won't be adding any "X" subprofile. And with my (former?) Gnome hat on, I vote against any "gnome" subprofile. Cheers, Rémi