From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo RC3 kernel booting with AMD K6
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:07:18
1 Brian Snipes wrote:
2
3 > OK. I followed the installation instructions from gentoo.org and my
4 > booting of the bzImage kernel stops at:
5 >
6 > VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly.
7 > Freeing unused kernel memory: 220k freed
8 >
9 > And then it pauses forever. Does the kernel support K6 processors or is
10 > it PII+ only or does anyone else have any ideas what might be the problem?
11
12 Hi Brian,
13
14 I tested to install on a K6 yesterday too. The bootcd freezes after linuxrc
15 is finished
16 So init gets not started.
17 I compiled everything here with -mpentium not -mpentiumpro, so the
18 optimization can not be the cause
19 for that. The tarnge thing is that older versions of gentoo worked fine on
20 K6/2 machines here.
21
22 If you have found the bug, please tell me, meanwhile I will try get things
23 working here.
24
25 Bye Achim
28 > Brian Snipes