From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:16:47
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Apparently, IRC is a hard requirement. At least the one final
3 > evaluation must be done on IRC.
4
5 I understand why online communication is not everyone's prefered format.
6
7 I guess that the IRC part of the recruitment is not very formal, I
8 don't know as I haven't seen one, but in general I would expect that
9 it is simply a lightweight substitute for going to the pub and having
10 a chat in person, or talking on the phone to a friend.
11
12 I further guess that if you would prefer a chat with someone over the
13 phone then that could work just as well.
14
15 That said, I find that IRC is a useful tool for developers sometimes.
16 It's not mandatory by any means, and sometimes it's just a huge time
17 sink, and a little bit like filing bugs it isn't mandatory, but it
18 *can* be useful.
21 //Peter