From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About forcing rebuilds of other packages issue
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:28:41
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:16:05 +0200
Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
> Well, I think reading this thread is more or less clear what it would > be supposed to do, also Zac suggested it and looks to have an idea > about what should it do.
There's a big leap from "more or less clear" and "an idea" to the kind of knowledge we want to have. Think REQUIRED_USE for how this can go wrong... If you think ABI_SLOT is essential, why not try implementing it and trying it out in a large number of packages, and reporting your results? -- Ciaran McCreesh