From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilization of Python 3.1
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:42:25
2 > Someone here want people install paludis? because when I've switched to
3 > python 3.0 just out of curiosity, it broke totally that python written
4 > package manager who is portage.
5 > So another package manager was needed to re-install a sane portage.
6
7 No it wasn't. [1] You just didn't know that ( which is completely
8 understandable ). Just as you must not have understood the implications of
9 emerge -C python:2.6. I don't want to be mean but would you like to enlighten
10 us as to how you managed to unemerge python:2.6 while using python3 when
11 portage didn't work with python3.
12
13 [1] http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/amd64/dev-lang/python-2.6.2-
14 r1.tbz2
17 > Still, do you really want to have it in tree as stable? Really?
18
19 Yes really.