From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] src_configure
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:23:27
1 On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 02:04 +0200, Sven Wegener wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > I'm writing this mail to bring you a thought we had over on freenode in
5 > the #gentoo-portage channel. We would like to split up src_compile. The
6 > new src_configure should just do the econf part and src_compile should
7 > do the emake part. This represents the general 3-step[1] installation in
8 > a much better way.
9
10 I'm in favor of this. It will however make the size of the tree grow
11 significantly. It would be nice if we could find somewhere else to trim
12 some the fat.
15 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list