From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions to GPM and OAF
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:57:55
1 Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 >
3 > 1. Where can i set up the options for svc-gpm?. I have hacked a while and get
4 > some error messages... not so easy this supervise... now i use my own
5 > gpm-initskript while the gentto-soltution works for my (Logitech (imps2)
6 > Mouse on /dev/psaux)
7
8 I think pete added a new variable to /etc/rc.d/config/basic for gpm.
11 > 2. Why need oaf-0.x.x rpm to work. I see that it need the popt-library, but
12 > not rpm. There are many People like me who don't like RPM. It works when i
13 > install the popt-library (alsa available form ftp://rpm.org/...)
14 >
15 Yeah, all packages that require popt depend on rpm at the moment. Once
16 we have subpackage support,
17 we can make an extra binary package for popt from within the rpm ebuild,
18 thats why we have no separate ebuild atm.
19
20 bye achim~
21
22 > Thanks,