From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maintainer-needed@ packages need you!
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:44:14
1 On 08/30/2014 07:46, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Right now, we have 1262 packages assigned to maintainer-needed@. Only
5 > a few of them have a large number of bugs, many have just version bump
6 > requests. 953 packages have no bug open.
7 >
8 > Please consider adopting some of the packages, or at least fixing some
9 > of the relevant bugs. For package - bug count list, take a look at [1].
10 > Please note that this list is not autogenerated, so it will soon be
11 > outdated, I hope :).
12 >
13 > We should also consider removing some of the packages listed there.
14 >
15 > [1]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/maintainer-needed.txt
18 > sys-apps/v86d
19
20 Base-system or the kernel team should probably handle this, since it's
21 required for the uvesafb driver in the kernel. Though I haven't figured out
22 how it works yet.
25 > net-misc/ipx-utils
26
27 I'll see about playing with this some more. I have several installs of
28 NetWare (3.2, 4.2, 6.5) in VMs, and dabble w/ IPX at random. Bug #420053 is
29 from a collision w/ several manpages in net-fs/ncpfs, so I wonder if this
30 package is a split of some component of ncpfs or not...
33 > app-arch/lzma
34
35 Doesn't app-arch/xz-utils effectively deprecate this?
38 > net-firewall/fwbuilder
39
40 I've maintained this in the past, but I believe upstream is dead due to the
41 two main developers quitting the company that was behind this project. It's
42 still highly useful, and the only GUI-based firewall building tool out there
43 (that I know of). I believe there were some rumours of restarting
44 development under another fork, but I haven't looked for any kind of updates
45 in some time.
48 Joshua Kinard
49 Gentoo/MIPS
50 kumba@g.o
51 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
52
53 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
54 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
55
56 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic