From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 04:28:29
1 >>>>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > I like the idea of appointed leads instead of holding elections, it
4 > fits into my big picture of less bureaucracy and more meritocracy
5 > (see my email re running for council on -project). Appointments
6 > would be made by the "next level up" from the lead. So project leads
7 > would come from the council, subproject leads from the project, etc.
8
9 What problem are you trying to solve?
10
11 There maybe some point doing this for projects that have elevated
12 powers (like QA or devrel), but I think for normal projects our
13 current system works well enough.
14
15 Ulrich