From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: RFC: New build types
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:44:30
1 Steve Long kirjoitti:
2 >>
3 > I don't see how it would wreak more havoc than a novice using, eg ANT from
4 > Java which s/he is comfortable with, and then further having to learn BASH
5 > peculiarities when things don't fit with the eclass. But yeah, the fun is
6 > what attracts me to the idea more than anything.
9 Java needs to be compiled and ant is meant to be started from the
10 command line. Of course you can invoke the main method from Java but
11 what's the point? Developers have to be able to review ebuilds and
12 having all those different languages would make the job harder and I
13 don't really see benefits. If you need something bit more complex done
14 in an ebuild, you can always use something like inline python.
15
16 Regards,
17 Petteri