From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] man pages: build or copy?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 22:26:44
1 On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 16:32:58 +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2
3 > > It seems to me to make more sense to put pre-built man pages in
4 > > ${FILESDIR}/${PV} and copy them with doman. Is this considered the
5 > > correct or acceptable way to deal with this?
6 >
7 > In dev-libs/nanomsg, I've hidden building the docs behind the "doc"
8 > USE flag. nanomsg builds it docs with AsciiDoc, which also pulls in
9 > ruby and a bunch of stuff.
10
11 use.desc says doc is for extra documentation. These are basic man pages
12 that are more or less needed to use the software.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 One-seventh of life is spent on Monday.