From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: old udev versions
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 04:43:03
1 On 11 July 2012 02:30, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > the last thread started by mgorny has prompted me to ask here on the
5 > list which versions of udev we really need in the tree.
6
7 Personally, I'm holding on to 171. I have masked >=181 because of
8 bad decisions upstream and I want to see how the situation will
9 stabilize.
10
11 Since 171 is the latest stable, I would think most of our users are
12 on this version anyway.
13
14 Since upstream seems to be unwilling to work with us, I think
15 we should seriously consider doing a fork. I know there are
16 other distros like Debian and Slackware who would be happy
17 to join us in that effort.
20 Cheers,
21
22 Ben | yngwin
23 Gentoo developer
24 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin