From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, PR team <pr@g.o>, Docs Team <docs-team@g.o>, Gentoo Release Engineering <releng@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 03:35:49
1 On 24 July 2012 08:07, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > Hi.
7 >
8 > I propose to commit this news item in 2 or 3 days. Does anyone have
9 > any comments about it?
10 > The idea is to show this news item on all Gentoo systems. Is that even
11 > possible / desirable?
12 > I've talked with both the PR and Docs team before about this change.
13 > I'll try to help the docs team updating the handbook.
16 > Title: Changes on new stages
17 > Author: Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
18 > Content-Type: text/plain
19 > Posted: 2012-07-27
20 > Revision: 1
21 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
22 >
23 > Starting with catalyst 2.0.10, make.conf and make.profile will be
24 > moved from /etc to /etc/postfix. Releng build boxes will be updated to
25 > this catalyst version during the next few days. So I expect stages
26 > built after July 30th to have make.conf and make.profile on /etc/portage.
27
28 I'm assuming this is true for make.globals as well? That should be added
29 then. And as others have said, there really need to be instructions
30 what if anything should be done about current installations.
33 Cheers,
34
35 Ben | yngwin
36 Gentoo developer
37 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin